Tuesday, April 23, 2013

The Saga Continues...

Ahhhh, Candy Crush Saga..thou art addictive!! This ridiculous game has consumed a household, deprived us of productivity and began more than one argument.  "Could you please fold the laundry?"... "Hold on, I have to clear this level!""I've been gone for 3 hours, what have you done?.."Played Candy Crush"...SERIOUSLY?!?!?  So instead of living in the dark as to the fascination  I downloaded it.  I had some time to kill in the hospital waiting room while Brian was in a procedure...let the game begin.  At first I was at a loss as to the addiction...line up 3 items, this is not rocket science...Pop all of the Jellies...again "no brainer".  Then they snuck in one with a time limit!! I didn't read the instructions on that before I made the assumption, "yet again that this was a piece of cake"...FAIL! Hmmm...Ok, that little crying candy girl had to be stopped so YES, I tried again...  finally beat that! Then came a level that I had to DO-OVER multiple times ... and after a while you know what happens if you don't complete it?? The put you in time out!! I may have actually pouted!
I begin to think, how ironic this game was...each level is a trial.  Some are easy, some are not.  Some we have to accomplish quickly or we will not succeed, some we can take our time on.  Some trials of life we must attempt many times to ever see the victory.  I think I am at one of those trials in my life.  I am trying desperately to match things up in my life to watch all of the pieces fall into place.  I am also on one of those levels in this game that I must have attempted 50+ times and have still not accomplished!! It is frustrating beyond words to me that at nearly 37 years of age (and level 30 of the game!) I am still battling obstacles. I am still not able to get all 6 pieces of fruit to the finish line of this game!! And I am still struggling with the 6 of us and how we will conquer this challenge in our life, be it collectively or individually.
In the game, if there is a move that you haven't recognized the candy pieces FLASH at you "LOOK AT ME!!" "MOVE ME!!"... I wish that the game of life gave us such obvious clues.  Sometimes we shuffle things around to make other things work and the pieces in that line drop off and there is a small victory...but in the end if we don't get all of the plays made before we run out of moves, we have still not reached our goal.  This level I am on, it seems I have been here forever.  Yes there have been many victories along the way...but I still haven't made all of the right moves.
Maybe I'm not focused enough, maybe I don't have the right attitude, maybe it's just not the right time. It is annoying.  I just want to skip this part!! I'm tired of the little crying candy girl that tells me I've failed at my attempt.
In this game of Candy Crush you can only fail so many times before you have to wait 5 min, 10 min, 20 min before you can try again...you have to set the electronic device down and walk away.  I suppose  that gives you time to work on your strategy...time to revamp your method or just cool off before you throw your phone.
I wonder though...the more we want something, for just the sake of getting past it and on to the next thing, are we learning anything.  Even the easy trials teach us something, they make us appreciate the simple things when we are faced with tougher challenges.  I'm not sure how many times I will have to start this level to read the word SUCCESS across my screen...but until then, I will try and try again.  I know that with patience and focus and yes, a lot of determination, the pieces will eventually fall where they are supposed to fall.  When we change the way we look at things, the things we look at change...

No comments:

Post a Comment